COM and Python threads

sven sasha at ofoto.com
Sat Dec 11 16:16:56 EST 1999

I have an app that uses a third pary COM component for some image
processing (using makepy).
I'm now trying add multi-threading and it's not playing nice with the
COM component. When the 2nd thread tries to get an instance of the
component I get a COM error "Coinitialize not called".
Has anyone come across this behaviour with PythonCOM and threads before?
Or might it just be particular to the component I am using?