Environment variables

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Sun Dec 5 15:32:36 EST 1999

>Basicaly, I want to run a python script to set some environment variables,
>then be able to use them in the shell that had called the python script
>(after the script had completed).

For NT, I have some that wraps the environment variables in the registry as
a dictionary (for both getting and setting). It also includes support for modifying
the PATH variable in the registry
 See:
   regenviron.py
at:
     http://starship.python.net/crew/jjkunce/netinstall/python_network_setup.html

It doesn't solve the "immediate availability" problem discussed elsewhere. Newly
set environment variables are available after a logoff/logon, though.

 --Jeff