Plotting a single pixel (possible newbie question)

Helmut Michels michels at linmpi.mpg.de
Wed Dec 1 08:47:56 EST 1999

Simon Evans wrote:

>    I'm relatively new to Python, which I use for several
>  small numerically-oriented projects that are refreshingly
>  different from my workday giant Fortran simulations.
>
>    I've installed and used both Tkinter and DISLIN (a
>  scientific graphing extension), but what I'm really missing
>  is the ability to do the simplest graphics task of all:
>  lighting up a single pixel. You'd think it wouldn't
>  be too much to ask...
>
>    Does anyone know of a graphics extension that offers this
>  simple facility, or a method of doing it in the ones I have?
>  I'd like to do it by some other method than drawing a line
>  with a length of one pixel!

> Simon Evans (simon at maths.unsw.edu.au)
> Physical Oceanography Group
> School of Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Australia.

DISLIN contains also some elementary image routines for reading and
writing pixels from and to the screen. For example, the routine 'wpixel'
writes one pixel to the screen. Normally,  DISLIN is a high-level
plotting
library for displaying data with a few statements.

  Helmut Michels
  Max-Planck-Institut fuer Aeronomie  Phone: +49 5556 979-334
  Max-Planck-Str. 2                   Fax  : +49 5556 979-240
  D-37191 Katlenburg-Lindau           Mail : michels at linmpi.mpg.de
  DISLIN Home Page:  http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin