"sins" (aka, acknowledged language problems)

Alexander Williams thantos at chancel.org
Fri Dec 17 08:24:13 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:28:16 +0100, Fredrik Lundh
<fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

>I the only one here who has a brain equipped
>with a 2D pattern matcher? ;-)

Nope; this may be why I find Haskell syntax so natural to me ...  (Ah,
if only Haskell had Python's libraries and Monads actually made sense
...)

>how about:
>
>import fileinput
>for line in fileinput.input():

The funny thing is that if Python had been /less/ intuitive, he'd have
stumbled over this class in the documentation in the course of digging
up file management.  In fact, if he'd decided to just keep fiddling
with it for another half hour out of sheer bloody-mindedness, he would
have found it.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)
"In the end ... Oblivion Always Wins."