Very useful message -- Hah!

Quinn Dunkan quinn at pyro.ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 3 22:50:59 EST 1999

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999 22:30:51 -0500, Dan Grassi <Dan at Grassi.com> wrote:
>It seems that by design python, by design, is not to be used as a cgi
>scripting language -- otherwise why would it produce this very meaningful
>message at the slightest syntax error:
>

>Internal Server Error
>
>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
>to complete your request.
>Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at xxxx and inform them of
>the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
>caused the error.
>Premature end of script headers: /usr/home/xxxxx/calculate.py
>

>Personally I've about had it, at least PHP provides reasonable error
>messages.
>
>Dan

I apologize in advance if this followup sounds annoyed, but...
you deserve it for having an attitude but no clue to back it up.

That error, as stated by its title, is a server error and has nothing to
do with python.  Any cgi script will produce this if it doesn't print the
proper http headers.

I advise you read the documentation for the cgi.py module, paying especially
close attention to the 'Debugging CGI scripts' part.