smtp and the From header field

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Wed Dec 15 08:28:14 EST 1999

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 02:11:15PM +0100, Asle Pedersen wrote:
> Yes, there is a RFC822 module. And I have checked with DejaNews on this one
> without any success. Any suggestions for the query to put on Deja ??
>
> regards,
> Asle

hmm.. good question.. I've seen posts with almost this exact query many
times in the newsgroup, which is why I made the suggestion.

perhaps the easiest solution is to simply look at 'valid' email messages
(send yourself a few ;))..

is the smtp module rejecting your messages? is that the problem? when I was
dabbling in this for a project at a former employer, I would telnet to the
smtp port (25) on a machine known to be running a correctly configured
server, and try it out to see what it accepts, and then model the code to do
the same thing... this solution may work for you.

if you're still having trouble, send along the errors the server is spitting
out.

regards,