Python and regexp efficiency.. again.. :)

Markus Stenberg mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI
Sat Dec 11 06:21:52 EST 1999

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> writes:
>> .. snipped my own comment
> Hmm, have you tried mxTextTools ? As an example, the HTML parser
> provided as example can easily handle 900kB HTML/sec. on a
> K6/266 machine.

Yes; but the tagging language seemed to be somewhat limited compared to
regexps. Hmm, wonder if it's possible to write regexp->tag definition
converter.. :)

> There are some nice tools available to help build the needed
> Tagging Tables. More infos are available on my Python Pages,
> including pointers to those tools.

Meta-language link didn't work and EBNF is bit too low-level for my liking
- rewriting 150+ and growing rapidly definitions of "interesting" log lines
in EBNF is not my idea of fun :P. Of course, I could just do some really
ugly m4 hacking to do that, but I'd prefer to avoid that.

-Markus

--
	I am no more or less human than any of my fellows. I can be
possessed as easily by love as despair, by fear as by hatred. Yet it