Stack overflow

homunq at my-deja.com homunq at my-deja.com
Fri Dec 17 19:57:06 EST 1999

I recently had a subtle __getattr__ bug that led to infinite recursion
and thus stack overflow. This causes PythonWin to crash, rather than
just raising an exception. Ugly.

I heard something about a patch that would fix this. Does anyone know
where I would find this?

If there isn't a patch, or if the patch isn't a planned component of the
next python version, I'd like to vote (as a PSA member) that this is
important. Yes, of course I know in retrospect that if I were a Real
Programmer this would have been the first thing I thought of when I got
my crashing behavior. But it's still ugly behaviour, and especially in
light of CP4E it shouldn't be how things work.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.