tkinter on AIX

Tom Smith tomhs at austin.ibm.com
Fri Dec 17 16:06:54 EST 1999

Sorry if this has already been asked. I couldn't find it anywhere on
dejanews...

When trying to compile python on AIX 4.3.3 with either gcc or cc_r I
get:

ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l tk8.2
        ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l tcl8.2
       ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

In Modules/_tkinter.c:/* _tkinter.c  it is referred to as "Interface to
libtk.a and libtcl.a.".
My tcl and tk libraries are called libtcl8.2.so and
/usr/local/lib/libtk8.2.so

These numbers agree with the ones in /usr/local/include/tcl.h and tk.h.

Anyone have any help/advice for an admitted tcl, tk, AND python
newbie?...

Thanks,

Tom

| Tom Smith                                               |
| tomhs at austin.ibm.com  512-838-8842                      |
| PSW Technologies      IBM RISC/System Graphics          |
| AIX GOS/PVT           Bldg 45, 2L-070, Austin, TX USA   |