Newbie Getopts Question

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Thu Dec 16 16:11:53 EST 1999

Hi All--

"Andrew N. McGuire" wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>     I picked up my first python book 5 days ago, so dont laugh at me too
> hard.   I have looked in man
> page, Learning Python by O &A, and python.org, as well as here, and
> found nothing __substantial__
> on the use of getopts.    Here is a code snipet of a program I have
> written... The programs works
> fine, and I really like the language, but this seems like a somewhat
> ineffecient way of handling
> options.

Give my getargs.py module a try:

	http://www.pauahtun.org/ftp.html

You may like it, and it is pretty well documented.  (Or, you may hate
it.  Some people do.)  There are other modifications and extensions out
there, too; if you hate them all, write your own;-)

<ho-ho-ho>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours