problem with SocketServer -- address already in use

Phil Hunt philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 17:05:28 EDT 1999

I'm trying to use SocketServer.py to write a TCP server. I ran
my program with ``python serv.py'', which went into an infinite
loop (which is what it should do). I exited my program with ^Z,
and tried to start it up again. I got an error message:

socket.error: (98, 'Address already in use')

which I presume is because something thinks the old invokation of
my program is still using port 7070.

How do I clear the port, before I start up my server?

Phil Hunt....philh at vision25.demon.co.uk