Calling C code from Python

meikel michael.jungmann at online.de
Fri Jul 16 16:19:47 EDT 1999

Hi,

I would like to call a C-function from Python. The function is not
located within a DLL but in a running application. That would probably
mean that I would have to embed Python into the C-application, make
the function available to Python (in a magic way?) and then execute a
script (which has to be a text file on disk) which can call the
mentioned C-function. How can I do something like that?

What is this all about? I have to provide a textual script which can
be called from an running C-application. In order to do the job the
script has to know certain values from the application. Some of the
information can not be computed before the script is called but the
script has to call functions within the application.

I hope my question is not too dumb and someone can help me (especially
for the 'magic' part :o).

Greetings,

Michael & Udo