making a Windows NT service out of a python program

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Thu Jul 15 11:23:58 EDT 1999

Bill Tutt wrote:

> > From: Christian Tismer [mailto:tismer at appliedbiometrics.com]
> >

> > This is all great stuff if you have understood it already.
> > For me, it is still unclear what makes up a service, and
> > what I need at the minimum to turn a Python program into
> > an NT service.
> >

> Not knowing ANYTHING about Medusa... I'll provide another example service
> right here, and try and explain things as I go...

That's fine. Medusa is just a Python program. I just need
to run any Pprogram as a service. :-)

[great list of great dubious functions]

> Ok, so those are the pieces, but Bill, how does all of this nonsense fit
> together? Good question. :)

I couldn't have said it better. The big "fine. And now?".

[and a full example follows, ready to tweak for my needs]

> I hope this helps,
> Bill

Bill, you are great. Not only you explained all about horses, but
you also gave me a basic course on riding.

thanks a lot - chris   ...hopp hopp *ouch* hopp hopp *yeah* hopp...

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net