xml-0.5.1 and comments

Cees Wesseling cees at pcraster.nl
Tue Jul 6 10:50:18 EDT 1999

Hi,

I am trying to manipulate some xml documents using the xml-0.5.1
package.
My goal is to write scripts that transform some xml using either SAX or
DOM
where apropriate.
With the DOM Walker, I am already succesfull in doing the most things I
want,
great tools!  But the DOM walker seems not to pass comment's through.
What I want is an exact copy of the input xml minus the transformations
I want
to made. But in Walker overriding doComment does not trigger any
comments.

Also wading to some of the SAX code, I started wondering if I can do
this with
SAX.
Does anyone has some sample code, for DOM or SAX that does nothing else
then
replicating the xml input exactly, is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Cees Wesseling