"Is theit an interest in a SCSI Hard drive test environment under Python?"

Sam Schulenburg samschul at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 3 16:32:56 EDT 1999

I have been developing a SCSI diagnostic test environment under Python. It
has the following features:

1) Works under any Windows 32 os that supports ASPI
A(dvanced)(S)ystem(P)rogramming(I)nterface:
         a) Win95/98/NT

2) Provides for rapid development of drive test scripts using Python

3) Supports low level drive test requirements:
         a) Buffer management
         b)Separate read/write buffers for each TargetID
         c)Precision timing loop on Pentium systems using Windows High
performance counters(10 micro-second resolution)
         d)Can issue any SCSI command with io6(),io10(),and io12() functions
         e)Support for up to 15 drives

4)Full integrated help system
         a) Access to python HTML documentation using IDLE 0.5
         b) Access to ASPIpython help for both the ASPIPy.dll and ASPI.py
functions using autoduck help authoring system
         c) All functions documented using Python documentation strings
         d) Ability to add user defined documentation to help systems

5)Works under the following environments:
          a)  Win32 console mode (For high speed and full buffer editing
capabilities)
          b) Python IDLE environment (Recommended environment to use)

If their is sufficient interest in this environment I would like to have
someone volunteer a server where I could locate the installation and source
code for this test platform. I plan on having a releasable beta within two
days, and will be providing updates as they occur.

Sam Schulenburg
samschul at pacbell.net