Installation Aborted! on NT

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Mon Jul 19 16:06:58 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Ross Boylan wrote:

> I've run into a strange problem I thought I'd report, in case it might
> affect other users.  When I try to install py152.exe or win32all-
> 125.exe on my system from my account, I get the blue installation
> background and then a box with the title "Installation Aborted!" and
> the message "Internal Error"

[snip]

> The system in NT 4.0 WS, SP5.  Software is minimal, including MSIE 5.0,
> Exceed 6.1 (X window system), 3Com Nic software, Matrox drivers, and
> Lexmark print utility.  There was a password authentication system on
> the machine (Ascend AppServNT v2.0Ci1), but we removed it.  40 bit
> security.

The only thing I can offer here is that I did my installations on NT4.0
workstation with service pack 4 installed, and only upgraded to SP5
quite a while later (128-bit, by the way).

<bit-by-the-bits>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70