Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Alexander V. Voinov Alexander.V..Voinov at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Thu Jul 1 05:11:00 EDT 1999

From: "Alexander V. Voinov" <avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru>

Al Christians wrote:

> I looked at Fox and put it aside because I need a grid control.
> wxPython seems to be the winner for Windows in that category, even
> though the grid is pretty minimal.
>
> Any other candidates with a grid?

Did you look at the demos for the underlying toolkit? Some of them presents a
'table' which is probably less rich than that of wxWindows, but it does exist.

What it really lacks is a 'richtext'/html widget, sort of which is present and
actively developed in wxWindows. As I understand it's just about to become
available in wxPython.

Alexander