Language extensibility (was: Why is tcl broken?)

wil blake wblake at fau.campuscw.net
Tue Jul 6 23:03:44 EDT 1999

Christopher Browne wrote in message
<9kgf3.301$F7.23516 at news3.giganews.com>...

>Yes, please.  If there's relationship between Forth and Lisp, it does
>not lie in the Scheme direction.

>I don't remember seeing any indication of Moore having encountered
>Lisp; if so, that is very interesting.

In the Special Forth issue from Byte Magazine(August 1980?) an article ("The
Evolution of Forth, and Unusual Language"?) quoting Chuck Moore has a Forth
history that has one Forth code listing containing the word "atoms" and a
quote from Moore saying in effect "The Lisp influence is evident." I think
that the article may have originated from a Rochester Forth Conference
discussion.
-Wil Blake