Tkinter just WON'T work right!

joakal at my-deja.com joakal at my-deja.com
Thu Jul 1 23:11:36 EDT 1999

From: joakal at my-deja.com

Sorry to be so inspecific about my subject =) Also, I'm sure this
question is asked frequently, but I couldn't find what I was looking for
in any of the 1400 or so messages here (too many of them start with
``Help!'' or ``Python Newbie''). Anyway, here it is:

I tried to use the Grail browser under Slackware 4.0 and Python 1.5.1. I
got the error saying it's not configured for Tkinter, so I went into my
/usr/lib/python1.5/config/Setup file and uncommented the appropriate
stuff.

I tried again, same problem. I read a bit more, and it said I have to
rebuild Python to add Tkinter (don't remember having to do that before).
So, argh, I tried to do that. Now I get an error when I use 'make'
saying there's an error when it gets to sedscript.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/