Python in the public eye !

John Hirsch John.Hirsch at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Thu Jul 1 06:19:00 EDT 1999

From: John Hirsch <johnh at phm.gov.au>

Thanks to Drew and the Crew at the ANU :) who created a fantastic exhibit
which has been very popular with all the visitors.
This is not the first exhibit at the Powerhouse Museum that has been
developed using Python. Mainly due to the programming prowess of one Tim
Docker (Ex engineer at the Museum) who is now on a mission to convert
fellow programmers at his new job.

>Anyone who visits the Powerhouse Museum (Sydney, Australia) might be
>interested to know that the "Wedge" virtual environment exhibit in the
>new "Universal Machine" permanent exhibition which opened last night
>is Python powered.  The whole program for the exhibit was put together
>over the last fortnight on top of our in house "pSpace" VE system
>which use python as it's embedded language. I got to watch primary
>school kids using it for the first time today and it was a real
>buzzzz. Thanks Guido and Co !!!

Jonathan Hirsch
Powerhouse Museum
Sydney, Australia