How do you make clickable Python/Win9x scripts?

Sue smalleys at gte.net
Sat Jul 3 18:08:24 EDT 1999

I have an NT hack - not sure about Win95.  Note that this
does NOT require registry/admin access, as far as I know.

1.  Make sure the .pyc version of your file exists using CLI
"python.exe compileall.py $cwd" or whatever.

2. Create a new filetype (Python Executable), pointing to
your python binary, with suffix .pyc.

3. Add .pyc to CMD_SUFFIXES (not 100% sure)

4. Drop a link to the pyc file on your desktop.

5.  Pass script parameters using standard Win hack.

6. I tried a PIF file but gave up.  Looked like overkill.

Sue.