CGI Database Question

Joel Gould joelg at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 31 14:05:20 EDT 1999

This seems to come up every now and then but I was unable to find an
answer to this questions.

I would like to use Python for CGI scripts.  I am going to ask my ISP
to install Python (they run an NT server with IIS), but what database
package should I use?  Specifically, what should I tell my ISP to
install so I can use a (simple) database from my CGI scripts?

Also, do I have to worry about thread safety?  In other words, can
multiple requests come into the web server causing multiply copies of
my Python scripts to be run concurrently?  Does this impact the
database selection?

Joel Gould