Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Tom Loredo Tom.Loredo at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Fri Jul 2 08:17:40 EDT 1999

From: Tom Loredo <loredo at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu>

lvirden at cas.org wrote:

> According to Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at dptmaths.ens-cachan.fr>:
> :
> : The sad truth is that macs are not very common nowadays. I would like to
help
> :develop wxMac, but I don't have one (nor at home nor anywhere near me in the
>
> I wonder why various industry rags have proclaimed during the past
> 10 months about Apple's G3 machines outselling other vendor
> machines.  ...

Make me a third.  About a million iMacs have been sold in less than
a year, and although the Mac market share is only around 10% right
now (that's a huge number of Macs, by the way!), the fraction
of all personal computers *in use* that are Macs is actually about 20%.
It is simply way off the mark to believe that Macs are not very common
nowadays.  I spend most of my time at a Unix box, and work on all
three major platforms regularly (Unix, Mac, Win32), so please don't
dismiss this as just another Mac-only user mouthing off.  It's a great
platform, and I simply wouldn't want to see python GUI development
ignoring it.

-Tom Loredo