Tk: Temporarily change cursor?

Greg McFarlane gregm at iname.com
Wed Jul 21 01:09:57 EDT 1999

On 21 Jul, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Greg McFarlane wrote:
> >
> >     Blt: http://www.tcltk.com/blt/
>
> I've just looked at the web page for Blt, and it says
> this about the "busy" command:
>
>   Manages an invisible "busy" window which prevents further
>   user device (keyboard, mouse, button, etc.) interactions.
>
> I don't like the sound of that. I don't want to lock
> up the whole machine and prevent interaction with
> windows belonging to other processes.

Blt busy does not "lock up the whole machine".  It simply prevents any
interaction with the windows you specify (until you call
busy_release).  For example, you can display a busy cursor over (and
stop user input from) some of the windows in your application and only
let the user interact with one window.  You can implement modal
dialogs this way.

--
Greg McFarlane:    INMS Telstra Australia (gregm at iname.com)
Today's forecast:  Sunny, with occasional cloudy periods and a chance