Language extensibility (was: Why is tcl broken?)

David Thornley thornley at visi.com
Sun Jul 4 20:31:33 EDT 1999

In article <377fc323.69785805 at nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 18:50:49 GMT, thornley at visi.com (David Thornley)
>declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>

>> "Thinking Forth" is an excellent book to read.  So is Stroustrup's
>> "Design and Evolution of C++".  I haven't seen a similar book about
>> the Lisp way of thinking, not counting books specifically on learning
>> Lisp and doing it well.  Then again, I find Common Lisp revolutionary
>> enough sometimes.
>>
>	Unfortunately, it predates much of what is now considered to be
>LISP.
>
>	"Anatomy of LISP", John Allen, (1978 McGraw-Hill Computer
>Science Series).
>
>	While using LISP, it was started as a data structures type
>course...

I am unfamiliar with that.  I suppose I could track it down.

As for the suggestion of SICP, all I can do is plead a temporary
memory failure.  I should have thought of that unprompted.

--
David H. Thornley                        | If you want my opinion, ask.
david at thornley.net                       | If you don't, flee.