Scientific Plotting?

Nick Bower nick.bower at ssec.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 20 10:31:01 EDT 1999

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

I took a look at the GIST documentation.  Bunch of plot-types, but the
graphs in the documentation aren't exactly what I'd think about putting
in a report.  They'd look better with axes, which is perhaps a feature
anyway.

Printing back-ends are certainly very important.  I didn't see much
attention paid to ps fonts and general layout in most of the packages.
But there were a couple of new suggestions that I hadn't checked out
yet.

> Fortunately, Python interfaces very cleanly with Matlab.  With Andrew
> Sterian's nice PyMat module

Thanks!  Looks very cool.

nick