Problem with informixdb and python1.5.2

Ken Liu Ken.Liu at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Sat Jul 3 15:51:42 EDT 1999

From: Ken Liu <kyliu at idiomtech.com>

Thomas Bryan <tbryan at arlut.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Do you now have both python 1.5.1 and python1.5.2 installed?

Yes.

> Have you tried recompiling informixdb with the 1.5.2 header files?
> I don't think that too much has changed between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, but
> it couldn't hurt to try.

That sounds like the thing to do.  In fact, I did change the PYTHONINCL and
PYTHONLIB dirs
to point to the 1.5.2 directories and recompiled informixdb, but the same
problem persists.

so is the common experience that the modules don't work when you have multiple
versions of
python installed?  Why is that?  Is there anyway for me to "unconfuse" the
module so that
it would ignore the 1.5.1 installation (short of actually removing it...)?

thanks much