Memory leaks whilst embedding python

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Mon Jul 26 21:38:43 EDT 1999

Heh, ain't that always the case.

On another note, config.h and friends really need a cleanup. The nested
ifdefs are very difficult to figure out.

What's the *best* way for me to address this? I'd hate to go through the
1.5.2 source cleaning this up, just to see all the work lost.

Or worse, *think* I'm cleaning it up, but breaking it for Unix folks.

I'd like to:

1. Cleanup config.h and get all configuration options there. Some are hiding
out in posix and socket module too
2. Encapsulate all memory alloc/free for all modules through a set of
"My_Malloc" type calls that could be #def as must malloc/free or something
else depending on the platform.
3. Module finalization.

Not having worked on group projects of this size, I'm not sure what the best
method is to address these and make sure the changes aren't lost (and that
the changes are acceptable)

One other thing ... The current config.h implies that a given compiler
defines the target environment, which isn't true. I"m using Borland C as a
cross compiler for Netware (MSC can do it too), so I have to separate the
run-time environment options from the compiler selection. Thats the first
thing I want to address.

--
Brad Clements,
bkc at murkworks.com