Editors for Macintosh

Jörg Kantel kantel at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Jul 27 04:52:47 EDT 1999

In article <379CB0C8.FA84F91C at callware.com>, Ivan Van Laningham
<ivanlan at callware.com> wrote:

> Hi All--
> Are there any other good editors (i.e., Python-aware) besides Alpha out
> there for the Macintosh?  I don't want to _use_ one, I just want to know
> if there are any that people recommend.

I use BBEdit on the Mac and do to the fact that there is no syntax
colouring mode for python I've mapped the ending "py" to Tcl syntax
colouring.

BBEdit does it's job very well because I can save the Python-Files as
"Python Files" so they run by double click ;-) (Non Mac Users won't
understand that I suppose :o)

I don't use the IDE very often because I mostly deal with Tkinter on the
Mac too, but if you don't need that the IDE will be a very good choice
also.

J"org

--
J"org Kantel             Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science
Computer-Department                           kantel at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Wilhelmstr. 44   http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/staff/kantel/kantel.html
D-10117 Berlin   fon: +4930-22667-220               fax: +4930-22667-299