Embedding python/multi-thread env

Rich Salz salzr at certco.com
Mon Jul 26 14:27:37 EDT 1999

Laurent POINTAL wrote in message <37941e27.85316128 at news.u-psud.fr>...
>Depending what you really need. You must know that there is a global
>lock between the different Python interpreters.

I believe that you cannot create multiple interepreters in a single
executable.
The python global lock is to prevent *threads* within the interpreter from
stomping on each other's critical sections.

Anyhow..  we have a similar need.  Since I am going to create an
interpreter, create threads for each worker, and have them jump into C code
to block waiting for the C++ code to get a client.  You might have to do
some tricky synchronization between the two "thread pools" but it's totally
workable.