Python documentation available as ZIP files

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Jul 23 15:07:44 EDT 1999

Fred L. Drake writes:

 >   I've received enough hostile mail from Windows users not
 > understanding how to unpack .tgz archives (er, WinZip works for me...)

I think this really means lowering the standards. I wouldn't advocate
using a more efficient (but obscure) standard as bzip2 (at least not
yet), but everybody who is unable to unpack .tar.gz/.tgz archives (you
did include a pointer to WinZip in the documentation, didn't you?) is
perhaps not the right person to read Python documentation anyway.