Python Performance

Nick Trout nick at #spam_me_not#videosystem.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 09:41:42 EDT 1999

>> Thus I've had great deal of interest in getting the speed up; however,
>> speeding up dynamic interpreted languages is nontrivial, especially
>> languages as dynamic as Python.

Are there any pieces of test code anywhere which could be used as a good
test for Pythons speed (encompasing all of its language features) so that if
anyone tinkered with the bytecode execution unit they could measure the
speed improvement. It would be useful if it also tested correctness to
ensure no mistakes?!