Embedding Python in C

Steven Work steve at renlabs.com
Wed Jul 14 14:10:06 EDT 1999

(Followup narrowed to comp.lang.python)

"Thomas Røberg" <thomar at ifi.ntnu.no> writes:

> I am writing a program in C/C++ and want to embed Python. The one problem I
> encounter is that when I try to import a module using
> Pyrun_SimpleString("import mymodule\n"), this module is not found. I have
> specified the correct paths at the correct places in my Makefile (at least I
> think I have). Anyone had problem with this??

I just fought an embedding battle yesterday with Debian 2.1 --
trouble with the Debian python package (linking against
/usr/lib/python1.5/config/libpython1.5.a) but all smooth if I build
and install Python myself (linking against my
/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/libpython1.5.a).  I haven't tried to
figure out why the Debian python package gave me fits.
--
Steven Work
Renaissance Labs
steve at renlabs.com