Which starship?

Guido van Rossum guido at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Mon Jul 12 17:07:58 EDT 1999

There are two starship sites: starship.skyport.net (old) and
starship.python.net (new).

I just completed a rough conversion of most pages on the Python
website (www.python.org) to point to the new site whenever possible.

I did the following: for each link to a page on the old starship, if
the corresponding page on the new starship exists, or if the page on
the old starship doesn't exist, I changed the link to point to the
page on the new starship.

I haven't looked at all the links (there were hundreds).  If you have
pages on both starships and you want the *old* starship to be the
"official" link, please mail the details (which page on www.python.org
has the link, and where it points to) to webmaster at python.org.

I couldn't fix some areas of the site, especially the "topics" area.
I hope Andrew Kuchling will convert these if necessary.  I also didn't
change some pages that are only of historic importance, such as
conference proceedings and the Tim Peters Archives.