Python Code Repository?

jam jam at newimage.com
Fri Jul 9 16:31:27 EDT 1999

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 06:55:03PM +0000, Drew McDowell wrote:

> After seeing the "Brensenham line algorithm" post above, I'm curious
> if there is a public "python code repository" (something akin to CPAN)
> out there?  Or does Starship assume that role?
>
> -Drew

hi.

I don't think anything as nice as CPAN exists for python-- it's the one
'BadThing' I've heard when I suggested using python in projects. let's make
one. ;) I know enough about python and cgi scripting and sql databases to come
up with something pretty quick, and all we'd need is submissions. there
might already be some examples of code snippets out on the net in various
places.. we'd have to collect them and insert them into the database, but
that's a pretty easy process as well. I'll volunteer quark for the testbed.
does anyone have any further suggestions or ideas on how we can get this
rolling?

regards,
Jeff