A Zope build question: where is sha.py

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jul 28 11:20:11 EDT 1999

Huayin Wang <wang at rjka.com> wrote:
> when compiling zope2.0 I got the following error message:
>   File "../zope/Zope-2.0.0b1-src/zpasswd.py", line 90, in ?
>     import sys, string, sha, binascii, whrandom, getopt, getpass, os
> ImportError: No module named sha
>
> I think it is a valid complain because I can't find sha.py anywhere on my system.
> Please help.

it probably works better if you send zope questions
to one of the zope mailing lists:

    http://www.zope.org/Community/

(some hints, though: are you using Python 1.5.2?
have you configured Python to include the sha
module -- it's on by default, but you maybe you're
using old configuration files...).

</F>