Tkinter just WON'T work right!

Farrell Kenimer Farrell.Kenimer at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Fri Jul 2 12:43:36 EDT 1999

From: Farrell Kenimer <phxken at netzone.com>

--------------EFFFA832FCF37C205A7994BB

joakal at my-deja.com wrote:

> Sorry to be so inspecific about my subject =) Also, I'm sure this
> question is asked frequently, but I couldn't find what I was looking for
> in any of the 1400 or so messages here (too many of them start with
> ``Help!'' or ``Python Newbie''). Anyway, here it is:
>
> I tried to use the Grail browser under Slackware 4.0 and Python 1.5.1. I
> got the error saying it's not configured for Tkinter, so I went into my
> /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Setup file and uncommented the appropriate
> stuff.
>
> I tried again, same problem. I read a bit more, and it said I have to
> rebuild Python to add Tkinter (don't remember having to do that before).
> So, argh, I tried to do that. Now I get an error when I use 'make'
> saying there's an error when it gets to sedscript.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance!

Have just gotten grail.py to work on my COL2.2 Linux installation.
Spent hours trying to remake python for tk/tcl and then found out
that for COL2.2, it was already done.  tk8.0 and tc.8.0 are required.
grail package has two errors or had at the time I got it 2 weeks back.
Start python and see if you can import Tkinter.  We can talk in
e-mail as I am not a programmer and am only interested in grail
as a browser for another OS.

--
Farrell Kenimer of Phoenix, Arizona  USA

--------------EFFFA832FCF37C205A7994BB

joakal at my-deja.com wrote:
I'm sure this
for
my
Have just gotten grail.py to work on my COL2.2 Linux installation.
<pre>--
Farrell Kenimer of Phoenix, Arizona  USA</pre>