Two Pythons talking to each other?

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Thu Jul 8 01:17:26 EDT 1999

On 7 Jul 99, Charles G Waldman wrote:

> There's no reason, just because the two programs are running on the same
> machine, that they can't talk to each other using network protocols
> (TCP/IP, sockets, etc).  You can use the "loopback" address of 127.0.0.1
> to make all connections.  You really don't want to develop and test using
> a completely different communications scheme (e.g. pipes, files) then
> re-implement everything for the networked version, and debug it all over
> again.  Client and server can both run on the same box.

Hmm, I didn't know that. My programs usually start out as
client/server (one listening, one connecting), but once the
connection is established they'll talk to each other on a peer-to-
peer basis. Will this be a problem with this address 127.0.0.1?

Thanks,

--Hans Nowak (ivnowa at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon