Simple Qu: Changing directory

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Jul 10 23:50:39 EDT 1999

[Nick Bower]
> yeah, that's what i originally thought.  sure enough there were
> some updates in the os documentation, but not os.chdir.  it's something
> that would be really helpfull if anyone linked to the documentation
> sees this.

Well, I'm copying Python's massive Documentation Department on this <wink>.

os.chdir is directly linked to from the index, under "directory, changing".
That's not a terribly unlikely place to look for it, either <wink>.

However, it's documented in section 6.1.1 (Process Parameters) instead of in
section 6.1.4 (Files and Directories).  That does seem off; I'd move chdir
and getcwd from the former to the latter; yes, "the current directory" is a
process concept, but it's more directly "a directory".

otoh-"current"-suggests-it-be-documented-under-"time"<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim