win32 python as a dll?

phil phil at ricochet.net
Fri Jul 9 03:18:19 EDT 1999

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:03:03 +1000, "Mark Hammond"
<MHammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Scott Wolford wrote in message <37850F5B.F80CB0A7 at enews.nrl.navy.mil>...
>
>>msvcrt.lib and the application can't then bring in msvcrtd.lib. I do think
>>this is a problem because python15_d.lib is provided but no python15_d.dll
>>is. I would think you'd provide (at the very least) python.lib linked with
>>msvcrt.lib, and python_d.lib linked with msvcrtd.lib (and the dlls), or
>>(to be really nice :) all four combinations.
>
>The main reason we dont is size - we would need to ship the _d, and for
>people to really use it, also the .pdb.  These add too many megs.

This bit me as well. The confusion i had was that the _d.lib was
available but not the _d.dl. Couldn't there be two downloads, one with
the optimised/non-debug and one without? I rather like the
msdog/widow's way where no compiling is involved and suspect that it
is the future. Easy for me to say, i know..

No problemo either way'ly,

phil.