Python and Paradox

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jul 9 08:36:37 EDT 1999

Alexander V. Voinov wrote in message <37852804.54D5D2AD at quasar.ipa.nw.ru>...
>Aahz Maruch wrote:

>> >I am looking for a way to access Paradox tables from Python without
>> >using ODBC. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Nope, from an ex-Paradox tech support engineer.

Yep, from someone who has :-)  Well, Im probably not technically correct,
but if you:
* Install MSAccess
* Install Paradox drivers from the "Value Pack" (on the CD) - I think this
does install an ODBC driver even tho we dont use it directly (hence my "not
technically correct")
* Attach the Paradox tables to an Access database.

You can use the COM extensions to talk directly to the Jet API, which in
turn will manage the paradox tables.  I find the COM Jet interface far
better than ODBC.

Mark.