Inserting empty space into an existing file/pointer

NO_SPAMnpirzkal at hq.eso.org NO_SPAMnpirzkal at hq.eso.org
Tue Jul 6 15:56:38 EDT 1999

Hi,

	I have the need to insert some empty space inside an already existing binary
file. Is there a convenient, quick way of doin gthis with Python? I would
like for example to add 100K of space starting at offset 2047K of a 8 meg
file.
	The only way I could think of doing this in Python i susing some temporary
files but ths is a bit slow and not necessarily very portable.
	If anybody knows a cool way to do this it would be nice... :-)

		Cheers,
		Nor