Problem with informixdb and python1.5.2

Ken Liu kyliu at idiomtech.com
Fri Jul 2 22:25:37 EDT 1999

I've been using the informixdb module (version 1.2a1) with python1.5.1 for a
while now with no problems.  Just a few days ago we installed python1.5.2,
and now informixdb won't work any more.  when I attempt to construct a
Connection object, I get an error about "unable to get name of current
working directory."  Here's a log of my interaction with the interpreter

Python 1.5.2 (#8, Jul  1 1999, 20:22:25)  [GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> import informixdb
>>> con = informixdb.informixdb('acme_online_demo')
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "informixdb.py", line 47, in __init__
    self.conn = _informixdb.informixdb(logon)
InformixdbError: Error -922 performing LOGON: Cannot get name of current
working directory.

Informix's finderr informs me that "-922" means:

"A problem exists with the current working directory on this system or
on another computer system that your application is using. Possibly
your account does not have read access to the directory, or possibly
the file system that contains it is improperly mounted. Exit your
application, and retry. If the problem persists, see your system
administrator for assistance."

which does not make any sense.  Our Informix setup has not changed for the
last few months, and
the informixdb modules continues to work great under python1.5.1.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong?