Loops and stuff (was Re: Python and Boehm-Demers GC, I have code.)

ovidiu at cup.hp.com ovidiu at cup.hp.com
Thu Jul 22 16:24:52 EDT 1999

On 22 Jul 1999 13:32:55 +0200, Markus Kohler <markusk at bidra241.bbn.hp.com>
wrote:

> IMHO it's very close to Smalltalk, also Guido probably wouldn't agree with me ...
> And It has all essential OO features.
>

> The features that make it very similiar to Smalltalk are :
> byte code interpreter,
> all data are objects (is that really true ?),
> crossplatform,
> reflection api,
> dynamically type checked,

One problem though with Python is the fact that it does make a distinction
between types and classes. Another is the garbage collection scheme that's
using.

> In fact I cannot remember any successfull language that is closer to
> Smalltalk than Python is.

Objective-C. Is a dynamically typed language and is compiled.

Greetings,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu at cup.hp.com>
http://andromeda.cup.hp.com/  (inside HP's firewall only)