a little motivation, anyone?

Darrell news at dorb.com
Wed Jul 28 16:19:21 EDT 1999

Medley8086 <medley8086 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:19990728052704.10608.00002260 at ng-fq1.aol.com...
> What I'm asking is, could i please have some
> posts of what some of you other programmers made when you were starting
out, in
> what languages, and how long it took.  I'm looking for stories to convince
me
> while trying to work with stubborn code that I'm not algorithmically
> handicapped or just not cut out to be a coder at all.  Thanks in advance
for
> anyone who decides to help.
>
> E. Leron Culbreath

Writing code is hard.
It's hard for everyone, I think :)
Writing code is fun.
It's not fun for everyone.
If it's fun for you then no doubt you are cut out to be a coder:
Else maybe coding isn't for you.

Hint #1: Look for and steal patterns of how to do things from
    the code of others. A pattern can be as simple as how
    to handle command line switches.

Hint #2: Write lots of code.

Hint #3: Read lots of code.

The code you write in a year will be vastly better than the code you wrote
today.
Hang in there.
--
--Darrell