binding keys to slider in Tkinter?

Tamito Kajiyama kajiyama at grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 20 17:10:13 EDT 1999

heather at thalamus.wustl.edu (Heather A. Drury) writes:

| I'm trying to bind the arrow keys to allow a user to increment
| (or decrement) a counter using the Scale widget and Tkinter.
| I seem to be unable to bind anything to the Scale widget.
| I'm sure I'm missing something.

For a widget to get key press/release events, the widget first needs to
get the input focus.  You can pass around the input focus by pressing
the tab key.  The Scale widget has the key bindings that you want
already.

If you want to control the Scale widget using arrow keys even when
another widget has the input focus, you have to let the widget to pass
the relevant events to the Scale widget.

Regards,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama at grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>