[Tutor] I want to learn to hack

Roger Masse rmasse at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Jul 22 10:42:22 EDT 1999

David Ascher writes:

 > Gerrit -- just to fill you in -- Roger was presumably either joking or
 > testing a spam filter -- he is a colleague of Guido's, and knows all about
 > hacking.  Whether he knows about cracking or not is not something he's
 > likely to disclose in public. =)
 >
 > (In other words, Tim was kidding, Roger was kidding, I'm not kidding!).

Errr, it seems I've inadvertantly 'cracked' opened a can of worms.
I really just wanted to know how the Python tutors deal with such
requests, since they are arriving with alarming frequency to
webmaster at python.org.  I'm not quite sure how or why this became a
thread on python-list, but it sure makes me feel tingley all over
when Tim calls me 'little Roger'. <blush, giggle>

hacking-is-what-I-do-for-work-cracking-cyphertext-is-just-plain-fun-ly y'rs

								    -roj