Reflection in Python?

Anders Andersen Anders.Andersen at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Thu Jul 1 11:05:28 EDT 1999

From: Anders Andersen <AAndersen at ACM.Org>

> I've just started programming in Python, and I could really use some
> help figuring out something.  I'd like to implement Kent Beck's unit
> tester in Python (someone posted a very nice alternative a few weeks
> ago, but Junit's approach works better for my project's needs).  How
> do I do the equivalent of what Java calls reflection?

I am not familiar with Kent Beck's unit tester, but I did write a note
a while ago about Python and reflection.  This work has now matured a
little bit more, and is a part of my Dr. thesis that will be submitted
soon.  Anyway, the note is available at:

  http://www.itek.norut.no/~anders/abstract/andersen98a.html

> Thanks, Anders Schneiderman

Anders,

--