Dreaded Newbie Question

Jesse D. Sightler jsight at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 22 19:54:53 EDT 1999

This group is as good for newbies as anyone else, IMO, but I believe
that there is also a Python "newbie" list.  Also, many common questions
really are answered in the FAQ.

As to your question, I'm really not 100% sure about the "right" way to
do it, but look at the stat function under
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/os-file-dir.html for a good
start.  Generally the lib documentation is the best place to start
looking for any stuff like this.  In this particular case you would have
been looking for section 6.1, "Miscellaneous OS interfaces".

Enjoy!

----
Jess
http://ww.biddin.com/pyPit/