Mail-lax

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Jul 7 13:23:56 EDT 1999

Uh, many of you may start to notice a flood of old email for various
mailing lists run from python.org.  I've been investigating the
complaints that some people were missing some messages.  Mailman
queues messages that it can't deliver, then wakes up every 1/2 hour
and tries to re-deliver those messages.  For some reason, the cronjob
that re-delivers wasn't enabled, possibly as far back as February!  I
have no idea why this was, and I'm manually cleaning out the queue
now, so apologies if you get innundated.  Just be aware that some of
the messages you'll be getting could be several months old.

Hopefully this will fix the delivery problems some of you have been
seeing.

-Barry